Gym Teams and competitively viable teams

• 13 posts

Hi, I am Tom and I am new to this.

I would like to know the teams for each gym(including the level 100 ones if different) and the move sets/abilities for each pokemon to help produce a battle ready team to start taking on the gyms.

I would also like someone to recommend teams to use against gyms and in the generic game and how to make them the most competitively valuable with suggested move sets and EV's

Thank you for your help,

SLater__YT

Best way is to battle them a few times or go watch battles. 

So you want people to beat the gyms for you? They're already doing that every day ;).

If you put it like that no, I just want help trying to go about making teams that can beat them or start creating competitive teams. SO much easier on pokemon showdown

A graphics artist on the internet

Slater

You don't need to know the exact team to beat the gyms, trust me. Done it plenty of times and was a gym leader on multiple occasions. Just come in with viable pokemon and a strategy, and battle smartly.

Honestly as far as beating the gyms goes, the pokemon you bring matter very little. The gym teams aren't the greatest things ever made, (though a good amount of time did go into making them) so you can basically bring whatever you want, so long as it's trained. As far as building competitive teams goes, all you need is a healthy understanding of what makes a good team and at least a basic grasp of the meta (basically just what some common stuff is that you're gonna see). I would start by choosing a team archetype, which generally speaking are: balance, stall, and hyper-offense (my personal preference is a defense-leaning balance, but all are viable atm). After that, I'd recommend simply choosing pokemon that you like and try to build a team around them. Make sure that they can compensate for each other's weaknesses and you're good to go. Resources such as smogon and pokemon showdown are helpful tools you can choose in determining sets and testing your team before you commit to creating it ingame. Should you have specific​ questions then I encourage you to visit the competitive channel of the discord server, where you'll be able to get some more in depth assistance.

"I would like to know the teams for each gym(including the level 100 ones if different) and the move sets/abilities for each Pokemon to help produce a battle ready team to start taking on the gyms."

You will not be given the exact teams and move-sets of every gym because it removes a lot of the challenge and point of the gyms themselves. The better way to do it (as i believe has been said already) is to fight the gyms yourself, see what's on them and what strategies they use. (There is a house in /center that contains the themes of each separate gym)

Best place to buy your competitive bred pokemon is /warp pokesale --- 20% after your first buy

Team Work Makes The Dream Work #LetsDance #TeamSkull

xD

Just do /warp mgshop. #teamelitecomingsoontm

Shameless plug, macca. xD

Some would say the most shameful plug to date xD

It's a good shameful plug though. Decent 'mons for sale there

#RIPAuctionMailbox

Don't get me wrong the place is great for mons lol